Last week we were happy to support the work of the Mustard Seed Cafe in El Paso with a donation of food supplies. The Cafe has been feeding hungry people and caring for every heart that comes through their door since 2011. They have a new location in West El Paso at the Westside Community Church, 201 E. Sunset Rd. Check out there website to learn more including business hours.
The mission of Tree of Hopes is to support “One Health” humanitarian efforts to help needy families living along the US Mexico border in the Juarez, Chihuahua – El Paso, Texas region. One Health recognizes that the health and over all well-being of people is connected to the health of animals and the environment.
The following information from their website describes this wonderful community cafe.
The Mustard Seed Café is a NonProfit, Pay-What-You-Can Community Café. We want to tell and demonstrate the love of Jesus to every single person who comes through our doors! We serve delicious, nutritious food with an accompanying commitment to treat each person with dignity and honor.
Guests may volunteer an hour with us in exchange for a meal or they may choose to pay what they can on a suggested price for their meal. Some pay the suggested price, others pay less, and some pay more as a donation to pay it forward.
We welcome all!
When you come to the café:
- Our greeters and volunteers offer a genuine and warm welcome.
- Talk to our manager, Carmen, if you’d like to volunteer an hour with us in exchange for your meal.
- Our menu changes weekly and is written on the large chalkboard in the café.
- When you’re are ready to eat, step up to the buffet line and tell our chef and volunteers what you’d like to order. Our feature items vary weekly, as do our side dishes. We always serve a delicious soup, and our salad bar is one of the best in town. Dessert is usually a yummy cookie or bar, and we serve tea, coffee, and infused water.
- Your guest check is on your food tray with a suggested price. You’ll pay after you eat.
- Sit where you like and enjoy your meal.
- You decide what to pay. Pay the suggested price, pay less if you need to, or pay more to help us keep doing what we’re doing.
- Write the amount of your payment on your guest check, and pay at the door as you leave.